Saturday, November 12, 2011

Boil 'em , mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!!

Good day to you readers! Here I am with a recipe that I will actually eat!
"Company Mashed Potatoes"
This recipe, as far as I know, is my mother's. She might have got it from someone else, but who cares? Thank you mom! ;)
Lets get right to it shall we?

Ingredients:

5 lbs potatoes, 8 oz cream cheese, 8 oz sour cream, 1 stick butter or margarine, 1 tsp onion powder.

You will notice the absence of the potatoes in this picture. Well, I peeled them, rinsed them, and cut them. The whole time thinking about the blog, and not remember my usual ingredient picture. Oh well, no harm done!


Directions:

Boil potatoes. For me this took nearly a half an hour. Why so long? I used too small a pot, I think. Well, I think that is the reason for it taking so long, I know it was too small a pot.




Mash the potatoes. Add remaining ingredients, mix well.





Like my mixer? Its a Black and Decker, super legit. I bought a random $5 one at walmart once, and the first time I made frosting it starting smoking. Moral of the story? You get what you pay for.


Put in buttered casserole dish, and garnish with paprika. Refrigerate until needed. Heat in a 350 degree oven until warm.


The finished product! I could seriously eat this whole dish, but I restrained myself. Good thing its for church! I must add that I did not butter the dish, and I don't know if it makes a difference or not. My mom thinks so.


2 comments:

  1. It would also take less time to cook the taters if you cut them up smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you consult the Thanksgiving Cookbook I made for you? This is in there!

    ReplyDelete