Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started.

No one here but us servantless....Just kidding.
This isn't another blog copying Julie & Julia, but it is about cooking. And baking.
I like to cook, and bake. And when I try a new recipe(or old)I like to share it. My husband likes to eat what I make, and that's great. I just thought I would let others now about it. And I thought it would be a good way to archive what I made. So I don't repeat bad recipes, improve some, or adjust. So might as well get started. My first entry: "Beef 'N' Biscuit Bake"
I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, I love that sight. I always follow the recipe the first time, and then adjust when I make again. Here is goes:


Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef, 1(16 oz) can kidney beans rinsed and drained, 1(15.25 oz) can whole kernel corn drained, 1(10.75 oz) can condensed tomato soup undiluted, 1/4 cup milk, 2 Tbsp minced onion, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 cup cubed process cheese, 1(12 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough, 2 Tbsp melted butter, 1/3 cup cornmeal

As you can see alot of it is off brand stuff, which works fabulously. I have no idea when I purchased organic kidney beans, but trust me that never happens (the mushroom is my salt shaker).

Directions

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.

I used my handy-dandy Mix n chop from Pampered Chef

Add beans, corn, soup, milk, onion, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.

Question: Do store sell minced onion like they do minced garlic? If so please tell me since I had to shop this myself, and I know its not exactly minced.


Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.


Meanwhile, brush all sides of biscuits with butter; roll in cornmeal.


These things always scare me when I open them.

Probably not the cleanest way to do it, but I didn't want to dirty a bowl just for dipping them in cornmeal.

Place on top of bubbling meat mixture. Return to the oven for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through.



The end result, which my husband loved. He said its now one of his favorite dishes. Me? I didn't try it. I usually don't try anything I make. I am very picky. But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I can't make it. The last picture I leave you with is my cat, Rufus. He keeps me company while I cook. He is usually rolling around on the floor, or meowing for attention. Since the casserole was in the oven, I decided to reward him with some scratches.



6 comments:

  1. Chel, this is AWESOME! I love the background you picked. And the pics of the work in progress are cool!! I approve of this message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, what DO you eat every day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confirmation: This dish tastes amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea this is amazing! I love the pictures and your comments, very fun. I think you're on to something here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this dish tonight. LOVED IT!!! Keep it coming, Chel-Bell! Chuck liked it a lot too.

    ReplyDelete